Personal Injury Claims
HLVG’s forensic accounting and economic experts are experienced in providing expert reports that quantify the financial losses resulting from personal injury or wrongful death claims. We thoroughly review and analyze all the financial aspects of the claim including past income trends and future income expectations.
Past and future income losses are often the most significant component of a personal injury or wrongful death claim. Legal professionals are often challenged by the need to have a detailed understanding of the accounting, economic, and tax issues affecting either employed and self-employed (or business owners).
Whether you are acting for the plaintiff or defendant, you will need someone who can explain these issues as simply and clearly as possible. HLVG experts can provide this support, including assisting in the preparation for mediation or, if necessary, providing expert testimony.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Determination of both past and future income losses
- Calculating the present value of future costs of care and housekeeping
- Income tax gross up calculations
- Analysis of opposing expert reports
- Providing informal advice early in the litigation process
- Expert testimony